What You Need To Know About Patio Doors: Hinged vs. Sliding for your Idaho, ID home
Adding or replacing patio doors in your home can come with a lot of considerations. From color to material type or product line, there are a lot of things to think about. Among these considerations is the key decision of whether you go with a hinged or sliding patio door. Both are great selections and give you their own unique benefits, but in the end there is one that will work best with your home and style.
Unsure which option is right for your home? Here’s a bit more information to help you decide whether you should buy a hinged or sliding patio door.
Sliding Patio Doors:
- If space is tight, a sliding patio door is most likely the better option given that they don’t require room to swing open
- Due to their construction they are easy to take care of
- Their large glass panels allow for maximum natural light
- Offer a contemporary look for modern homes
- Pella Sliding Doors are equipped with a foot bolt lock to open the door about three inches to allow for ventilation.
Hinged Patio Doors:
- Give you a larger opening for more foot traffic and allow for furniture to pass through easily
- Draw the eyes outdoors because of their intricate accents
- Have a low threshold to make coming and going easier
- Offer a more classic look
- Pella Hinged Doors offer a multi-point locking system for added security
Every home has its own unique needs, whether it is comfort, style, or functionality related, which is why we have both hinged and sliding patio doors. No matter which product line or material you go with, we have options to help meet those needs. Whether you prefer wood, fiberglass or vinyl, we can help find the right product for you.
When you add a Pella® patio door in your Idaho home you’re not only gaining the aesthetic benefits, you’re getting the innovation that Pella® products offer. Our features show off the attention to detail that you’re searching for.
Whether you have a question about which patio door would be best for your home and your budget or just want to see a few different options, give the experts at your Idaho Pella Showroom a call at 208-373-0002.