Tips and tricks for door replacement
Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the first impression that guests have when arriving at your Idaho home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are ready to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and involve a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide distinction to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the power of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring a whole look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery around a doorway can also make an excellent first impression. Plants can draw attention to certain door details and shift attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many extra features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can receive a major revamp.
Welcome guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Idaho, give them a call at 208-373-0002 or schedule an appointment online to consider all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.