The Positives and Negatives of Window Grilles
Window grilles are an often underappreciated piece of your home’s windows. They offer you the flexibility to meet both contemporary and traditional design needs, and with the number of styles and colors available, you can find a combination to fulfill whatever your heart desires.
between-the-glass grilles easily snap in and out so you have
the ability to switch styles whenever you update your
home or change styles or paint.
- Regardless of the window grilles you go
with, there are a handful of color choices to meet
your design requirements.
- Grille options are available today with dual or
triple pane insulated glass to give you more energy
efficient choices than historical grilles used with
- Between-the-glass grilles and removable grilles are available to make for a quick cleaning of the glass.
Now that we’ve taken a look at a handful of positives of window grilles, let’s read about the challenges that may come with window grilles.
- While there are a variety of
designs available, some homeowners feel that some grille styles may inhibit their
view of the yard.
- Many window grilles are permanent once
installed, limiting design flexibility in the future.
- If grilles are bonded permanently to the surface
of the glass that needs to be cleaned, cleaning can be more of
- Replacement windows that showcase grilles are typically more costly than those that don’t feature grilles.
Whether you’re moving and need to buy replacement windows or you’re simply looking for your current home, window grilles can be a great addition to your next set of windows. There are a number of things to ponder, from style to color choice, but with a little help from our pros, we’re sure you’ll find just what you’re in the market for. Of course, with the number of options available, we suggest stopping by our Idaho showroom, giving us a call at 208-373-0002 or setting up an in-home consultation with us via the online scheduler so you can get an up-close look at the choices we can provide.