10 Tips for a Safe, Comfortable, Organized Holiday Season
When you get the memo that you will be hosting the family holidays this year in Idaho, you might feel more than a little stressed. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Whether you are having five or 50 guests over for the holidays, these tips can help prepare you and your home to effortlessly look calm and collected.
- A storage-packed island will allow you to utilize maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Everyone can help chop up veggies, cook up a storm and utilize pull out counter tops for hot dishes. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes it easy to clear away the after-dinner mess so you can relax with loved ones.
- The holidays are a wonderful time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are everywhere.
- Now is a great time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Idaho to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and comfortable holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through such a cold season in Idaho, it is hard to find rich colors other than your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Idaho every year. If you don’t like cooking, add fun with festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- Asthe one of the most untouched areas of most homes, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you want a festive look or an elegant feel, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you have endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Make use of your untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. Make this a special space for your family to enjoy the holidays, and spend time together throughout the year.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, only do what you can and still make time with your loved ones. Use your skills to create a humble abode for all. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Idaho than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.